Announcing the Safe Children Conference 2018
The Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse has been completed and the final recommendations will were presented on 15th December 2017. To mark this milestone and to explore the next steps for the sectors involved, The Child Abuse Prevention Service is proud to host the inaugural Safe Children Conference with Commissioner Fitzgerald AM as the keynote speaker. We are also near to confirming further speakers at the event who are key influencers across Government and the non-for-profit sector, including diary commitments from Hon Christian Porter MP and Hon Pru Goward MP.
Every person and organisation who works with children and families needs to quickly understand the new operating paradigm now that the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse has handed its final report to the government.
We know from the recommendations that major changes to the way that individuals, organisations and institutions work with children are coming. Make sure your knowledge gap doesn’t put you at a disadvantage as the new way we work with children is established throughout 2018.
The Safe Children Conference 2018 is your opportunity to understand these important changes.
Here’s five reasons you need to be there:
- Hear from Former Commissioner Robert Fitzgerald regarding the Royal Commission, its findings and the implications
- Obtain valuable insights into the proposed National Framework for Child Safety
- Understand the extensive changes to the legal framework of working with children
- Gain a cross industry perspective – hearing from leaders and influencers across key sectors on the impact to their industry
- Be at the forefront of the upcoming changes and recommendations that will impact your industry